Daniel Abed Khalife. (Photo | AP) 
World

UK: Metropolitan police confirm new sightings of Daniel Khalife, but terror suspect yet to be nabbed

In an update on their search operation on September 9, the Metropolitan Police said they are focusing their efforts in and around the Chiswick area of London.

TNIE online desk

Police confirm new sightings of Daniel Khalife, 21, though they have failed to track and nab the terror suspect who escaped from Wandsworth Prison in a delivery van on the morning of September 6. 

Khalife escaped the prison by strapping himself to the bottom of a delivery lorry after leaving the prison kitchen in a cook's uniform. 

In an update on their search operation on September 9, the Metropolitan Police said they are focusing their efforts in and around the Chiswick area.

This activity comes after intelligence-led activity and some confirmed sightings in that area overnight, including calls from members of the public," a statement issued by the Metropolitan Police said.

From reports received, Khalife is believed to be wearing a black baseball cap, black t-shirt and dark-coloured bottoms, and carrying a small bag or case, the statement said.

The police have offered a reward of up to £20,000 for info leading directly to the arrest of Daniel Khalife.

Daniel Abed Khalife was reported to have been working in the kitchen of Wandsworth prison and wearing a chef’s uniform of a white T-shirt and red and white chequered trousers when he absconded.

Soon after his escape, the Metropolitan Police said ports and airports had been put on high alert after his disappearance from the south London jail at about 7.50 am.

Satheesan defies Kharge as portfolio row dampens UDF victory euphoria

PM Modi, Italian PM Meloni visit iconic Colosseum; key talks later today

India must stay alert amid West Asia crisis, no immediate concern: Civil Aviation Minister

Mahoba horror: NEET aspirant abducted, tortured, gang-raped in captivity for 16 days

US lost 42 aircraft, including fighter jets, MQ-9 Reaper drones in Iran war, says report

SCROLL FOR NEXT