Bengaluru

Probe against Halasuru ACP ordered

A complaint filed against an assistant commissioner of police (ACP) will be probed by Deputy Commissioner of Police (East) Ajay Hilori.

From our online archive

BENGALURU: A complaint filed against an assistant commissioner of police (ACP) will be probed by Deputy Commissioner of Police (East) Ajay Hilori. The ACP has been accused of threatening a person to agree to a settlement in a cheating case.

Nazeer C, the complainant, accused ACP (Halasuru Gate) Mohammed Sajjad Khan of forcefully picking him up from his house in Kerala and detaining him at the police station in Bengaluru where he was allegedly tortured to recover `15 lakh, on Wednesday.

He claimed that one of his business partners, Nasir, had falsely accused him of taking over the store in his absence and misappropriating funds amounting to `15.5 lakh. Acting on this complaint, police picked up Nazeer C from his home town Chockli, Kannur district in Kerala on Wednesday. Nazeer told the police that he had previously worked as the manager of the store but had been residing in Dubai since 2014. He had only returned to his village for his daughters marriage.

Once he was released by the police, he immediately approached Hilori’s office and filed complaint that he had been threatened by the ACP and other police personnel. In his complaint, Nazeer claimed that he had been threatened by the police that if he did not agree to return the money, he would not get bail and his daughters marriage wouldn’t happen.  

The Additional Commissioner of Police (East) Seemanth Kumar Singh said on Friday that DCP Hilori had been asked to investigate the complaint and find out what had occurred after Nazeer C was picked up by the police. DCP Hilori said, “We have to see if due processes were followed during Nazeer’s arrest and afterwards.”

Seven dead in fire at illegal firecracker factory in Rajasthan’s Bhiwadi; two feared trapped

'AI will not kill jobs but will unbundle them': Microsoft India, South Asia President Puneet Chandok

SC declines to hear pleas against Assam CM over ‘shooting’ video, asks petitioners to move HC

Former Congress Assam chief Bhupen Borah quits party ahead of Assembly elections

ECI suspends seven WB officials; directs Chief Secretary to initiate disciplinary action

SCROLL FOR NEXT