Chennai Corporation council meeting held at Ripon Building on Monday.  (Photo | P Jawahar)
Chennai

‘Extra work worth Rs 8.25 crore was taken up for proposed F4 race’

An initial allocation of Rs 6 crore had been made to the civic body through a government order.

Express News Service

CHENNAI: The city corporation stated that additional work worth Rs 8.25 crore was carried out by the civic body for the inaugural Formula 4 night race in the city which was proposed to be held in December last year but got cancelled due to the floods.

An initial allocation of Rs 6 crore had been made to the civic body through a government order. However, the city corporation has now stated that it had carried out additional work worth Rs 8.25 crore in addition to the `6 crore initially sanctioned.

The major cost incurred, they said, was to purchase ‘Polymer Modified Bitumen 70’ to lay the circuit route. Work was carried out on Flag Staff Road, Anna Salai, Swamy Sivanandha Salai and Kamaraj Salai by the Bus Route Roads (BRR) department of the corporation.

The city corporation has now proposed to write to the member secretary of the Sports Development Authority of Tamil Nadu (SDAT) to get additional funding to the tune of Rs 8.25 crore so as to settle the payment of contractors. A resolution to this effect was passed in the council meeting on Monday.

Major cost incurred for buying polymer bitumen

The major cost incurred, they said, was to purchase ‘Polymer Modified Bitumen 70’ to lay the circuit route. Work was carried out on Flag Staff Road, Anna Salai, Swamy Sivanandha Salai and Kamaraj Salai by Bus Route Roads department of the corporation

Seven dead in fire at Chemical factory in Rajasthan’s Bhiwadi; two feared trapped

Bhupen Borah withdraws resignation after Congress high command's intervention

Actor Trisha condemns 'distasteful', inappropriate remarks by TN BJP chief Nainar Nagenthran

SC declines to hear pleas against Assam CM over ‘shooting’ video, asks petitioners to move HC

Rajpal Yadav gets interim relief as Delhi HC suspends jail term till March 18 in cheque bounce case

SCROLL FOR NEXT