Hollywood mogul James Cameron (Photo | AP) 
English

James Cameron denies working on Titanic submersible disaster movie

Recently, Cameron, 68, told an American news outlet that he was "struck by the similarity" of the ill-fated submersible and the Titanic itself.

PTI

LOS ANGELES: Filmmaker James Cameron blasted "offensive rumours" that he is in talks to helm a feature film about the recent Titan submersible tragedy that killed five people on their voyage to the Titanic wreck site.

Owned by OceanGate Expeditions, Titan had been chronicling the Titanic's decay and the underwater ecosystem around it via yearly voyages since 2021.

The submersible imploded near the wreckage of the doomed vessel, killing all five people on board on June 18.

Cameron, who directed the Oscar-winning 1997 disaster drama "Titanic" based on the sinking of the titular ship, took to Twitter on Saturday to publicly condemn rumours.

"I don't respond to offensive rumors in the media usually, but I need to now, I'm NOT in talks about an OceanGate film, nor will I ever be," the filmmaker and sea explorer wrote.

Recently, Cameron, 68, told an American news outlet that he was "struck by the similarity" of the ill-fated submersible and the Titanic itself.

Last month, the US Coast Guard said debris found during the search for Titan "is consistent with a catastrophic implosion of the vessel.

" OceanGate Expeditions CEO Stockton Rush, Shahzada Dawood and his son Suleman Dawood, Hamish Harding, and Paul-Henri Nargeolet were killed in the implosion.

Trump warns 'won't be anything left' of Iran unless it agrees to deal

Kerala CM-designate Satheesan announces 20-member cabinet; 14 new faces, allies accommodated

Indian worker among four killed in one of biggest Ukrainian drone attacks on Russia

Police inaction claims spark outrage in Rajasthan after Jodhpur sisters’ suicide in alleged gangrape case

Drone strikes UAE nuclear plant as US and Iran signal they are prepared to resume war

SCROLL FOR NEXT