Shiv Sena MLA Pratap Sarnaik (Photo| Facebook) 
India

Shiv Sena MLA Pratap Sarnaik moves breach of privilege notice against media outlets

Speaking in the assembly, Sarnaik said he had submitted a list of such media outlets to Speaker Nana Patole's office.

From our online archive

MUMBAI: Shiv Sena MLA Pratap Sarnaik on Tuesday moved a breach of privilege notice in the Maharashtra assembly against media outlets who he claimed published/aired fake news about a Pakistani credit card being allegedly found during ED raids on his premises last month.

Speaking in the assembly, Sarnaik said he had submitted a list of such media outlets to Speaker Nana Patole's office.

The ruling party legislator said these media outlets published/aired the false news based on a "tweet" by actress Kangana Ranaut.

Patolesaid appropriate action would be taken in the matter.

Sarnaik, who had a spat with the actress in the past over her "POK" remark, is being probed by the Enforcement Directorate (ED) in a money laundering case and premises linked to him were raided by the central agency on November 24.

"This false news has maligned me. My family and I have been cooperating with the (ED) investigation," Sarnaik had said on Monday while talking to reporters.

"Nothing illegal has been found in my possession during the ED raids," the Sena MLA from Ovala Majiwada in Thane district had said.

Kerala cabinet swearing-in today: Satheesan set to take oath as CM, as Congress marks return after a decade

T21 game on: Who are the new Kerala ministers? Meet the full UDF cabinet taking oath under CM Satheesan

Trump warns 'won't be anything left' of Iran unless it agrees to deal

Indian worker among four killed in one of biggest Ukrainian drone attacks on Russia

Police inaction claims spark outrage in Rajasthan after Jodhpur sisters’ suicide in alleged gangrape case

SCROLL FOR NEXT