Image for representational purpose. ( Express Illustration) 
India

Minorities' panel seeks report from Rajasthan government on girl found injured in Alwar

The girl was found lying on a bridge near Tijara Fatak in Alwar on Tuesday night and according to doctors, her rectum was displaced and she underwent a two-and-a-half-hour surgery.

Express News Service

NEW DELHI: The National Commission for Minorities (NCM) has directed the Rajasthan government to file by a detailed report on the alleged gang-rape of a 15-year-old mentally challenged girl in Alwar. The minorities panel has asked the state’s Chief Secretary to list out the preventive measures it plans to take to avoid such incidents in future.

“Chairperson Iqbal Singh Lalpura has taken suo motu cognisance of reports appearing in media regarding sexual assault of a girl reportedly belonging to a minority community at Alwar, Rajasthan, on January 11, 2022. Media reports have mentioned that the specially-abled girl had been missing from her house for several hours before she was spotted on a road in a pool of blood,” the minorities panel said, in a statement.

In the notice to the Rajasthan government, Lalpura asked the state’s Chief Secretary to file a detailed response by January 24 and provide details of the arrests made in the case, sections under which the case has been filed and measures taken by the state authorities to prevent such incidents in future.

On January 11 night, the minor girl was found bleeding profusely from her private parts on a flyover in Alwar. According to police officials, the technical evidence and medical report do not suggest the possibility of sexual assault. Senior police officials reportedly said they examined multiple CCTVs at different locations from the victim’s home till the starting point of the flyover where the girl was found. She has underwent multiple surgeries.

PM Modi asks ministers to focus on 2047 vision, next-generation reforms

Tamil Nadu CM Vijay’s cabinet sets record with seven Dalit ministers handling key portfolios

Key Pulwama terror attack conspirator Hamza Burhan killed by unidentified gunmen in PoK

Parliamentary panel members grill NTA officials over NEET paper 'leak', agency denies breach in system

Send Bangladeshi infiltrators to BSF, not courts: Suvendu tells Bengal police

SCROLL FOR NEXT