Image for representational purpose only 
Nation

NCW issues suo-moto notice to Kataria over his remarks on Bikaner rape

Kataria has raised questions over the delay on part of the family in reporting the alleged rape of a minor by eight teachers in Bikaner last year.

From our online archive

NEW DELHI: The National Commission for Women (NCW) on Tuesday issued suo-moto notice to Rajasthan Home Minister Gulab Chand Kataria after his remarks on the Bikaner rape case.

Kataria has raised questions over the delay on part of the family in reporting the alleged rape of a minor by eight teachers in Bikaner last year.

Earlier on Sunday, reports emerged that the alleged victim of Bikaner rape case was diagnosed with cancer after sustaining bruises and injuries in her private parts due to sexual assault, where she was also forced to consume abortion pills by the perpetrators.

The victim's mother said that the girl sustained injuries on her private parts because of the sexual assault which led to cancer.

The matter came into light after the minor girl's father alleged that his daughter was raped by eight teachers of a private school who also made a video of the heinous act.

The alleged incident occurred in April 2015 and the FIR was registered last Friday after the girl's father file a complaint. 

When bureaucracy rewrites sacrifice: This Income Tax Act amendment is a betrayal of disabled soldiers

Trump threatens Iran, says 'bad things' will happen if a 'meaningful deal' is not made

WhatsApp forwards alleging organised child theft lead to mob violence across Jharkhand; one killed, several injured

'These things happen': Tharoor praises AI Summit, says 'some glitches' common in large events

SC stays HC order restraining TN Waqf board from exercising functions

SCROLL FOR NEXT