HYDERABAD: Stating that a committee, comprising officials, has been constituted to look into the issues related to lands included in the prohibited list under Section 22-A of the Registration Act, Revenue Minister Ponguleti Srinivasa Reddy on Tuesday said that the problem will be resolved soon.
During an informal chat with the reporters, he said: “The problems being faced by people due to errors committed by officials with regard to the Section 22-A prohibited properties list are being addressed. The issue would be resolved by the end of this month.”
He informed that the registration of five properties, which were earlier included in the prohibited list, were completed on Monday.
Revealing his plan to personally visit sub-registrar offices in the Greater Hyderabad limits to review the situation, the minister urged people not to worry over the 22-A prohibited list, assuring them that steps were being taken to resolve “genuine registration issues”.
Taking a dig at BRS leader T Harish Rao, he alleged that the former, despite being in power for 10 years, has not forgotten the “30% commission system”.
Wondering why Harish Rao did not assume responsibility when problems arose in the execution of Kaleshwaram project, he said: “I am taking responsibility for the Section 22-A issue because I am in-charge of this department. I will ensure this problem is resolved.”
Responding to BJP leader Alleti Maheshwar Reddy’s allegations, the minister said that he was not afraid of empty threats.
The minister challenged Maheshwar Reddy to produce evidence if he had any against him.
On allegations concerning business transactions between Phoenix and Raghava companies, Srinivasa Reddy said that several business transactions take place between companies and asserted that he had been in the business sector for the past 20 years.
“I have grown step by step and became a minister. I did not come wearing rubber slippers and suddenly become a person who is worth thousands of crores,” he said sarcastically.