Mihir Shah (L), The accused's luxury BMW car that caused accident (L) Photo | X, PTI
India

BMW hit-and-run case: Mumbai court sends prime accused Mihir Shah to police custody till July 16

Shah, 24, was arrested on Tuesday, two days after he allegedly rammed his BMW car into a two-wheeler, killing a woman and leaving her husband injured.

TNIE online desk

A local court in Mumbai on Wednesday sent the BMW hit-and-run main accused, Mihir Shah, to a six-day police custody. His custody will end on July 16.

Earlier today,the ruling Shinde-led Shiv Sena, expelled its deputy leader, Rajesh Shah following the arrest of Mihir, who is the main accused in the hit-and-run case.

24-year-old Mihir Shah, had been absconding since the accident on Sunday. He was arrested by the police three days later. The Mumbai police had formed 11 teams and involved the Crime Branch to apprehend Mihir, a Look Out Circular (LOC) was also issued against him.

Mihir was allegedly inebriated and behind the wheel when the hit-and-run accident took place, killing 45-year-old Kaveri Nakhwa and injuring her husband, Pradeep Nakhwa.

Maharashtra Chief Minister Eknath Shinde on Wednesday said whoever is guilty in the BMW hit-and-run case will not be spared and strict action will be taken against them, amid criticism that the key accused is the son of his party leader.

The CM said there was no question of supporting anyone and no one would be spared.

"Whoever is guilty will not be spared; strict action will be taken against them," Shinde said to the media.

"We stand by the family of the victim. We will provide legal and financial assistance to aggrieved family," he said.

PM Modi asks ministers to focus on 2047 vision, next-generation reforms

Tamil Nadu CM Vijay’s cabinet sets record with seven Dalit ministers handling key portfolios

Key Pulwama terror attack conspirator Hamza Burhan killed by unidentified gunmen in PoK

Parliamentary panel members grill NTA officials over NEET paper 'leak', agency denies breach in system

Send Bangladeshi infiltrators to BSF, not courts: Suvendu tells Bengal police

SCROLL FOR NEXT