Image used for representation purposes only. (File Photo | ANI)
Karnataka

Ghaziabad man held for sending bomb threat mail to ISRO headquarters in Bengaluru

Police are now verifying whether the second email was also sent by Tyagi or by another individual.

Express News Service

BENGALURU: City police have arrested a 36-year-old man from Sanyog Nagar in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, in connection with a hoax bomb threat email sent to the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) headquarters. Meanwhile, the space agency received another hoax bomb threat email on Friday.

ISRO had received the first bomb threat email on Thursday morning. During questioning, police found that the accused, Nishant Tyagi, was undergoing treatment for mental illness. While the investigation into Thursday’s bomb threat was underway, ISRO received another bomb threat email in Tamil on Friday.

After a thorough search of the premises, the threat was confirmed to be a hoax. Police are now verifying whether the second email was also sent by Tyagi or by another individual.

Tyagi had been arrested by the Delhi police on Thursday for allegedly sending hoax bomb threat emails claiming explosives had been planted at agencies, including NIA, DRDO, Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited the Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA), and even on a flight.

Satyendar Jain, five others arrested in alleged Delhi Jal Board tender corruption case; AAP alleges BJP vendetta

India says ties with Bangladesh must be based on ‘mutuality of interests’, reciprocity

Vande Mataram: From a poem to India's National Song

Tamil Nadu restores 365-day maternity leave for women govt employees having third child

MEA says credibility of India’s election machinery ‘well-established’ globally after Trump remarks

SCROLL FOR NEXT