- Ukraine Crisis: India Decides to Tread a Cautious Path
- 'Friendly' Bets Placed, Confesses CSK's Meiyappan
- Pilot's Timely Action Averts Collision of Trains in Thanjai
- Court Cases Stalling BBMP's Civil Works
- Express Impact: Free Tomatoes Distributed in Devangere
- Malaysia Bans Comic Book Over Use of Allah
- Advani Better Choice for PM: UR Ananthamurthy
- Kerala Unlikely to Play Fair with Women Candidates
- Pursuit of Happiness: Former Techie Does 28 Jobs in 28 States in 28 Weeks
- Nizam's Family Lays Claim to Rs 310 Crore in UK Bank
- RSS People Killed Mahatma Gandhi: Rahul
- 'If Obama Bombs Iraq, Activists File Complaints in Goa'
Former Vice Chancellor of Anna University D Viswanathan was conferred one of the oldest civilian distinctions, the order of Academic Palms, by the Prime Minister of the French Republic.
The increasing number of court cases is hampering the day-to-day functioning and ongoing civil works of the Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike. The civic agency is spending Rs 20 lakh a year to fight these cases.
In a unique reference to the scenic beauty of water bodies in Kochi, the stage has been designed in the form of a ‘Churulan Vallam’ in the middle of a water body.
Spectators were in for a surprise when Agriculture Minister K P Mohanan was tied with chains and locked inside a metal box for magician Gopinath Muthukad’s transposition act at Women’s College auditorium.
Chief Minister lashed out at Manmohan Singh for shaking hands with Sri Lankan president Mahinda Rajapaksa, instead of taking steps to get the Tamil Nadu fishermen arrested by the Lankan navy released.
As many as 2,37,92,270 voters are eligible as of now to vote in the April 10 Lok Sabha elections in the state, which is 8.8 per cent higher compared to the 2009 general elections.
While Congress and BJP leaders are planning to hire private choppers to woo voters across the State, JD(S) leaders will take to the road in cars due to ‘financial constraint’.
Kiran, who had recently quit the Congress revolting against the way the Centre had divided the state, said his party would contest the general polls across the state as per its ‘convenience’.
The ruling BJD on Wednesday hit out at BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and the central leadership of the Congress for ignoring Odisha when parts of the State were devastated by cyclone Phailin.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Thursday made his Prime Ministerial ambitions known, saying he is more qualified and experienced than those “roaming around” for the top job.
Speaking from the White House, Obama said any decisions on the future of Crimea, a pro-Russian area of Ukraine, must include the country's new government.
|Specials: Timelines 2013 | Narendra Modi | VoXpress|
Did you expect the AAP members to indulge in street-fights?
Yes - 68%
No - 32%
Total number of votes: 101