2 Hurt as Acid Bottle Explodes in College Lab - The New Indian Express

2 Hurt as Acid Bottle Explodes in College Lab

Published: 17th December 2013 08:46 AM

Last Updated: 17th December 2013 08:46 AM

Tinkering with chemicals just for ‘fun’ proved costly for two students after a bottle filled with acid exploded leaving them with burns in the chemistry lab of their college on Monday.

Police said that the two intermediate students entered the laboratory just to play around and the mishap occurred in the process. The mishap occurred in at Sri Gayatri Junior College at Bachupally. Both the students were hospitalised.  The duo- Sri Teja Reddy and K Sunil Kumar - MPC first year students, wanted to indulge in some ‘fun’. At 2.30 p.m, they went to the lab and put some naphthalene balls into a chemical bottle. After a few minutes, the duo shook the bottle before opening it. Suddenly, the bottle exploded and the glass pieces pierced into the two students,” Petbasheerabad ACP Srinivasa Rao said.

There were no students and staff in the lab when the incident happened. On hearing the loud noise, the staff rushed to the lab  and found the students lying on the ground with injures. They were shifted to a nearby hospital and their condition was stated to be stable.

comments powered by Disqus

Disclaimer: We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the NIE editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.


Read More



follow us Mobile Site iPad News Hunt Android RSS Tumblr Linekin Pinterest Youtube Google Plus Twitter Facebook